Everyone who is on the verge of hitting 25 is struggling to understand what is going on in his life.
You know you are suffering from quarter-life-crisis if
- You wake up and wonder why you are still alive.
- Sleep evades you at night (you sleep through the day).
- You spend your day in introspection.
- You are bored with everything, been-there-done-that.
- Orkut and Facebook are your favourite hang-outs (even they are boring, but are they not a part of routine??)
- Every long lost aunt you meet seems to be worried that you are not married yet.
- Every friend you know is either committed or engaged or married, and you are not.
- You are too bored to flirt or date or even look around.
- You think you are in love, but don't want to be.
- Your parents seem to have a different mother tongue.
- You are perennially irritated, everything from your best friend to the dog on the street seems to be getting on your nerves.
- You engage in soliloquy.
- You feel you have neither a past nor a future, and even the present seems to be ephemeral.
- You suddenly start counting your sins as if judgement day is tomorrow and you have to make a presentation.
- You turn to spirituality.
- You start counselling friends and colleagues.
- You find nothing better to write than 'quarter life crisis'.